Author Topic: Cineworld/ McD's  (Read 4121 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Cineworld/ McD's
« on: February 28, 2012, 06:37:00 PM »
Are there any plans to alter this road lay out around the cineworld/McD's.
It's taken us ages to get out of there --AGAIN traffic congested, nothing moving, it took I think about 30 mins to get out from the front disabled parking onto Derby Road. It was a busy time I admit, but it can be just as bad at none busy times, and those flipping car headlights from the McD's drive through are a pest when driving towards them.
It really is time something was done  >:(
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Slacker

• View Profile
Re: Cineworld/ McD's
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 10:56:11 PM »
Traffic seemed exception when I went to gym on Tuesday, don't know if there was a motorway problem. Not usually too bad to get out

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:12:00 PM »
All roads delivering traffic on to that roundabout are at least two lanes.
As soon as you get to McD's Derby Road outbound goes down to one lane as the right hand lane becomes the turn into the Donkins estate.
You get idiots flying up the outside lane to avoid those turning into McD's who have to brake sharply when faced with someone turning right or can't filter into the lane.
It's obvious that its going to cause tailbacks onto the roundabout but the traffic planners aren't interested as long as they keep the bypass' free.
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 06:47:56 AM »
Developments in North East Derbyshire aren''t going to help, 1500 homes on Wingerworth Plant and a new estate at Winsick

dave7634

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 07:51:27 AM »
Winsick? Where abouts? Don't tell me they're gonna knock down the Gypsy Caravan Site??? (very big evil grin) and I thought that Wingerworth was supposed only to be for brownfield development? Send us the plans for either of the above. I'd love to see them please.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 10:15:11 AM »
The farm in Tupton has I believed sold one of it's fields which are on the Mill Lane between Adlingtons Avenue and the train bridge which leads up to Grassmoor. Haven't seen the notice myself but my friend told me a couple of days ago as she walks her dog down there.
It was a Tuesday when the traffic was bad getting out of cineworld, but it can be equally as bad getting in because of McD's drive through, really makes me cross as the planners obviously hadn't thought this through! I had hoped they were changing the drive through route when the extended McD's - but not a chance!!  >:(
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 08:56:36 PM »
Winsick? Where abouts? Don't tell me they're gonna knock down the Gypsy Caravan Site??? (very big evil grin) and I thought that Wingerworth was supposed only to be for brownfield development? Send us the plans for either of the above. I'd love to see them please.

Winsick: Other side of the road, right on the council border with current site access via Gorse Valley.

Wingerworth: is brownfield, as in all part of previous industrial development

k4blades

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »
Don't expect a mad rush on house building. Developers are land banking at the moment....buying land while its relatively cheap, but won't build on it until house prices have increased. The fact that a lot of this seems to be happening in the area suggests that developers have confidence in the area and think we are worth investing in. That's more than a lot of areas can say.

On a similar, but slightly different note, does anyone know whats happening by J29A, as you come off southbound, somethings being built. I know there have been rumours in the past about Staples, etc, but doesn't look like that to me. Maybe something industrial or warehouse??   

dave7634

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 10:52:22 PM »
I drive past that everyday to get on M1 at 29a and have thought the same (they're building something) but a Staples on its own, so far out would surely be a dead loss?

k4blades

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 08:38:42 AM »
Looks like a medical distribution center.

http://www.markhamvale.co.uk/new-design-build-facility.asp

As is often the case though, the owners will be moving from existing space, including a unit in Staveley, resulting in yet more empty buildings when they move out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk