Author Topic: It sounds simple because it is simple  (Read 12 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
It sounds simple because it is simple
« on: October 15, 2024, 01:28:04 PM »
Yet another on line banker swindled out of money, this time the scammer pretended to be from Monso or whoever claiming to be their fraud department saying someone is hacking into their account, YES it was him and he managed to drained her account of thousands.

Whilst yet again stipulating I have zero sympathy with people who use on line banking, I do realise it's the modern way most of us do our banking, so how do you safeguard yourself from scammers?

Simply put, treat the person ringing you up as they would treat you if you had rung them. You know the drill you ring the banks call centre and they ask you certain questions, mums maiden name, school you went to, all these verification questions to ensure it's YOU, so why can't we do the same to them?
If someone rings claiming to be from your banks call centre they should have in front of them a pre arranged codeword that only you and the bank know or better still more than one in a specific order so a scammer would have to be a mind reader to tell you your codewords so anyone ringing out of the blue you would know immediately if they are genuine or not......end of.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: It sounds simple because it is simple
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2024, 07:22:34 PM »
Can't agree more (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk