Author Topic: Two 13 year olds sentenced for murder  (Read 246 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Two 13 year olds sentenced for murder
« on: September 27, 2024, 02:59:18 PM »
I couldn't believe what I was hearing on the news today, two 13 year old lads accused and sentenced for murdering a 19 year old by using a machete when they were 12 years old, they hacked at him like he was on a butchers slab.

What set my teeth on edge was the pussyfooting around in the courtroom, we don't know their names because they are not old enough,no wigs or gowns 'cos we don't want to frighten the poor little lambs as they sat in the courtroom with their parents {NOT the dock} surrounded by do-gooders fawning all over them patting the backs of their hands saying "there there it's all right".

The judicial system in this country is a farce, they got eight and a half years each by the way, I wonder how they will spend that time, possibly the youth offenders equivalent of Disneyworld.

If you can't do the time......then don't do the crime.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

smithy266

• View Profile
Re: Two 13 year olds sentenced for murder
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2024, 03:12:18 PM »
If only those who sentence this sort lived in the real world

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • Water please Not wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2024, 01:29:17 PM »
Some of this has to be because of the games they are playing on the Xboxes or whatever they use these days.
It's not a real world they are playing but they can't always separate that and the result is the horrendous
crimes we are now hearing about.
Talking to Police a few weeks ago, this subject came up and I was told they are going to school to talk to children explaining that the games they play are not real life - basically it's to try and make them aware they need to separate fiction and fact!
Back onto the technology of another thread!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2024, 07:52:20 PM »
The only trouble O.C. is they are being taught right from wrong AFTER the event.

Before the age of ten I had a fairly good grasp of what was right and wrong, I may not have got it right ALL the time, kids do make mistakes it's part of growing up but I never attacked someone.
 I never burgled houses or stole cars {there were only three cars on the whole estate then} or did anyone serious harm.

It's all down to parenting or lack of it. I feel sorry for a lot of the {local} kids of today. I consider myself a pretty good judge of character and when I see some of those kids with their parents I think "You poor sod you don't stand a chance".
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • Water please Not wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2024, 08:14:13 PM »
Spot on Sorastro. It is the parenting.

Those games shouldn't be allowed in the home infact I don't agree with the making of them.
We had fights as kids, children do.
If I went home crying because someone gad hit me I was shoved back through the door telling me to go hit them back :-? I wouldn't do that but it was only hands not weapons.
We are in a violent world now
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk