Author Topic: Letter in D.T. 4th July  (Read 165 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Letter in D.T. 4th July
« on: July 12, 2024, 01:24:06 PM »
Did you read it?

The letter was from someone named David France, he apparently wrote a consultation paper for the secretary of state for transport in 2013, so already an expert me thinks! for those who didn't read it, in a nutshell :-

He was pulling people to pieces for complaining about the safety of "smart" motorways whilst in Chesterfield the A617 and the A61 dual carriageways used on a daily basis are more dangerous. He also mentioned that some of these people mentioned are "Probably inexperienced drivers"{that's rich coming from an American} possibly meaning they've no idea what they are talking about, as smart motorways are a lot safer and he has statistical facts to back his claim up.

I can find nothing about this consultation paper on line so have no idea of it's content. I looked up this David France and I assume I have the right one {as there are two} if it is he, he's basically a reporter {someone who drives a desk all day!} and if he drives on Americas freeways on a regular basis, which I doubt, he must know of the carnage created on these roads when someone breaks down in a live lane.

Apart from that Americans are shocking drivers which is indisputable.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk