Author Topic: Why would you do this!  (Read 279 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Why would you do this!
« on: June 04, 2024, 01:46:33 PM »
I was debating what topic to put this under and this one I believe fits the bill.

Yesterday I was in C/C hospital waiting room and someone had kindly left a paper on a seat so I perused it. One item that caught my eye was a Chinese gentleman, shopping in the West end of London was robbed of his watch, Rolex or a brand very similar and just as expensive. It turns out this watch was a gift from his wife and the cost {get this} over 300,000 pounds, turns out he had been "mugged" by a bloke that had only recently been released from prison for stealing/handling stolen Rolex watches.

Now one would expect someone to admonish the miscreant, and rightly so, although I can't help but wonder if the "victim" in this shouldn't carry at least some of the blame... why!! well walking round in one of London's biggest blackspots for pickpockets etc, for a start, wearing a watch that is the equivalent of winning the lottery on his wrist he's just asking for trouble, and it turns out he got it.
Yes If you can afford the finer things in life why not treat yourself but the vast majority of people out there are not so fortunate. Flaunt your wealth with other like minded {and wealthy} people  in your own surroundings but don't go around rubbing people's noses in it, £300,000 just to tell the time.

If I ever won the lottery I wouldn't be so vain, besides I wouldn't know a genuine Rolex from a snide so the question of me buying a Rolex would never arise.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk