Author Topic: Olympics Paris 2024  (Read 1963 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Olympics Paris 2024
« on: July 26, 2023, 10:34:15 AM »
I must be hallucinating, I could have sworn I saw on the news the other day that a "new sport" is to be introduced to the 2024 Olympics.

BREAKDANCING.. because that's all it is.......what's next, synchronized nose picking. relay shoplifting.

I don't watch the Olympics anyway but there's even less incentive to start watching it.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • Water please Not wine
    • View Profile
Re: Olympics Paris 2024
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2023, 10:29:08 AM »
I must be hallucinating, I could have sworn I saw on the news the other day that a "new sport" is to be introduced to the 2024 Olympics.

BREAKDANCING.. because that's all it is.......what's next, synchronized nose picking. relay shoplifting.

I don't watch the Olympics anyway but there's even less incentive to start watching it.

Gawwed  maybe mobility scooter races -  :-?
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2024, 08:10:57 PM »
Anyway did you enjoy the Olympics?

I only saw what was on the national news bulletins as it really doesn't appeal to me. Just read that the above {sport} breakdancing was such a success it has been dropped from the next Olympics in 2028 {big surprise}.

Besides with the Olympics always comes controversy even back in the sixties everyone can remember those Russian shot putters, then over the decades accusations of doping and now in these Olympics the rows in boxing, one way to stop all that dead in it's tracks is to seriously think about women's roles in boxing.
Having said that I'm not bothered either way as I don't watch it, but it puts a dampener on proceedings for those devotees of different sports that love to watch the Olympics.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • Water please Not wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2024, 06:00:12 PM »
I didn't watch the Olympics. Don't get a lot of time to watch the box.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2024, 09:18:40 AM »
Just a shortcut for some folks to get honours....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk