Author Topic: pointless books  (Read 625 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
pointless books
« on: September 17, 2019, 02:12:08 PM »
I believe this was covered before once upon a time, only shopping this morning I came across what I consider to be up there with books like "The wit of Margaret Thatcher" or "How to queue for a sunbed translated into German"
It was a Haynes manual for...... Stephenson's rocket, I kid you not.
An illustrated book [on sale] giving details on the why's and wherefore's yes why not, but a MANUAL!!!!

Anybody else seen such books or what would make pointless books?
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: pointless books
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 04:57:04 PM »
I think it was 'The Works' branches of shops used to sell a range of different manuals. F1 cars, jet fighters, etc (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: pointless books
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 08:29:42 PM »
I think it was 'The Works' branches of shops used to sell a range of different manuals. F1 cars, jet fighters, etc (y)

I had seen those Fly {although no big call for them round here} I would suspect a collectors item for an enthusiast, but Stephenson's rocket, it's like finding a manual for Boadicea's chariot or the inner workings of a sedan chair!

Speaking of Haynes manuals, I bought one 5 years ago when I got a 2nd hand fiesta, apart from flicking through it it's like new, six months ago I part chopped it and got myself a 2nd hand fusion, got myself a Haynes on the fusion. It appears {to me anyway} that the vast majority of what's in the fiesta one is replicated in the fusion one, after all when you look at the fusion it's just a longer fiesta with a transit connect front.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk