Author Topic: Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson suspended by BBC over 'fracas' with producer  (Read 10979 times)

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
The BBC has suspended Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson “following a fracas” with a producer.

The motoring show has been pulled from Sunday night’s schedule as the corporation investigates the incident.

Clarkson was put on what was called his final warning last year following a racism row after claims that he used the N-word while reciting the nursery rhyme Eeny, Meeny, Miny Moe during filming of the BBC2 programme.

Good luck sorting that out Beeb...

http://bit.ly/1BnPq9v
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Is he really as bad as the press make out, or is he just being picked on for being a bit vocal in a PC world ??
Personally I like the guy  ;D
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Don't like the chap - full stop!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Pete

• View Profile
Agree with Fly, he's a non-pc living in a media pc world. I think it's "uncool" to like him.

I like the guy.

But the show makes £150m a year for for BBC - and without him it wouldn't be the same.

Slacker

• View Profile
Not impressed by entertainers who deliberately court controversy to entertain. Not as bad as katie Hopkins but not particularly a fan.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Like politicians do !!
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Pete

• View Profile
Me too!!!

Even my wife watches Top Gear and she's not interested in cars...

A very funny, entertaining hour.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
If he's not political correct I'm his number one fan  >;
Precisely, Jeremy Clarkson is who he is. Says what he means. Punches Piers Morgan.Who wouldn't.He should be the producer of the show rather than the person he's allegedly punched. It makes sh@t loads of money for the BBC.
If Top Gear goes, I'll be sad.However Richard Hammond & James May are also a waste of space.
Vicki Butler Henderson however (fifth gear) I do like. Tiff Needell as well - racing bred drivers.
They should review ordinary cars rather than fuel guzzling V8's though which nobody can afford.
I,personally think Top Gear has been poor over the past few series.
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
According to the news the program is not just about cars but about being 'rude to people'
I don't condone that.

They also say he hit a producer?
I don't condone that either.

What kind of role model is he for the younger generation who watch it?
Footballer's are penalised for it - why is it ok for J.C?
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Engine Driver

• View Profile
I can't see what all the fuss is about, yeah JC can be a bit of a "Top Hat" sometimes and he certainly is not "PC" at all (can't fault him there) but he is a pretty ordinary guy that says things as he see's them, again, can't fault him for that. There is far too much of "you can't say that" or "you can't do this" these days. I am very much of the opinion that if you don't like what you see/hear then just bugger off, oh and close the door on your way out. Ta!
It will be sad if they decide to cancel the show as its quite entertaining, my boys love it. That poor excuse for a motoring show on the other side (Fifth Wheel) or something with Stiff Needle or whatever his name is is well,................DIRE! It's all about cars for gods sake, at least with Top Gear there are some great cars, that yes, nobody can afford, but there is plenty of other entertainment as well.
I would suspect that if the Beeb decide to cut all ties it won't be long before one of the other many channels snap it up considering how much money it makes.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak!

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
£350 Million a year the BBC make from sales of TG around the globe.
Shooting themselves in the foot at the moment aren't they?
Love him or loathe him, Top Gear won't be the same without him, and the BBC know this.
The BBC can be accused of being too "PC", and I think they have spit their dummy out on this one.
Clarkson won't give a toss I suspect anyway! Not that what he is alleged to have done is right of course, but we don't know the details - you don't just punch someone for no reason after all.
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

therealjr

• View Profile
JC isn't PC? That really is one of those No S*** Sherlock moments. The fact is that the majority of the time he knows exactly what he's saying and the reaction it's going to cause. The rest of the time he's usually either misquoted or mis-interpreted. Take the public sector gag that has Slackers knickers in a twist. It had Berger Hall to do with public sector workers being on strike and everything to do with having a dig at the BBC. Slacker et al just jump on the bandwagon because they have Clarkson down as a Tory (which I suspect he isn't but it's easier to play the persona)
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

emmz

• View Profile
Its mainly for publicity as well i reckon
JC is a 54 year old and i am more than sure he knows what he is doing, he has been in trouble before with the beeb and in countries he has been to but they still keep him in a job,.
Let him take the punishment, if he gets the sack so be it.

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
I agree with Emmz, in that I think he knows what he's doing.  Stuff like this is very often done with calculated timings although this incident might have spiralled a bit.  Given the outcry on social media from his fans, he'll come out of it smelling like roses!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Still think more details need releasing before he's slagged off on this occasion IMHO  :-X
Think the supposed 400000+ petition signers are a bit premature as well  :-X

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk