Author Topic: Government relaunches its £450m troubled families programme.  (Read 5848 times)

k4blades

Re: Government relaunches its £450m troubled families programme.
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 08:08:05 PM »
>> thing is not all families who claim benefits are scroungers

And we should never, ever forget that.

If a person works all their life and pays National Insurance, then find themselves out of a job, they should NOT be labelled scroungers. They are merely collecting on an insurance policy that they have paid for.

It's just too easy for the flog 'em and hang 'em brigade to make sweeping statements to rouse the bogey man...

But the other side of the coin is that some people on benefits are just lazy low-lifes. A lot of these "troubled families" and the bleedin' hearts that support them, blame their troubles on poverty, which IMHO is boll***s. Millions of people have been brought up through poverty, me included, but still don't become criminals, drug uses etc, and are taught respect and good manners. Personally if people are to**ers, as Chris refers to them, I think its more about attitude than lack of money, and there for giving them more money isn't the solution....maybe taking some of their benefits away might be!

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 08:19:15 PM »
Yeah, you mentioned that before Kev...

In fact so many people are obsessed with the scroungers, they forget the genuine cases of hardship that some people face after years and years of work and paying NI.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 08:23:10 PM »
I called at a local shop today for supplies  ;)
Before walking into the shop I saw a few guys outside the pub next door having a fag.
3 of them saw me and gave me an, "Eyup Fly"

I've been dirving a taxi 17odd years since the pit shut. I know for fact, none of these 3 have worked since.
Unless there working on the side.

Who's the idiot !!
I've always paid my NI, what can I get back. Squat diddly !!
@Pete, yes I know our posts crossed
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

k4blades

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 08:33:14 PM »
Yeah, you mentioned that before Kev...

In fact so many people are obsessed with the scroungers, they forget the genuine cases of hardship that some people face after years and years of work and paying NI.

Just showing there are 2 sides to the debate that you started. And no one is forgetting the genuine cases of hardship...thats the point, Pete, those who are in genuine need end up getrting less, because so much is taken by those who shouldn't get anything, as per Fly's post maybe.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk