Author Topic: Me, gobsmacked, read on . . .  (Read 2909 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Me, gobsmacked, read on . . .
« on: May 03, 2012, 06:45:40 PM »
Had a 12:50pm pick up from the train station today, passenger named *****.  Going to ****** ********
There were a large group of women all going to the same destination. More than just my taxi was booked.
I ended up taking ***** and two other ladies.
Chit chat between each other and me during the journey. Then I reached the destination.

A lady stood on the pavement, left, stoney faced, saw me approaching, and put her arm out as if to direct me through the gateway on my right.
I turned right through the gateway, and there, was what I can only describe as a witch, was stood in the middle of the driveway with her hand held out showing me her open palm. I took this to mean stop. So I stopped.
She was wearing a long black robe, was of pale complexion, red lipstick, long straggly hair, several strange necklaces, and was cupping a small round object with Po-Pouri or something in it.
Her eyes were concentrated on mine and she gesticulated me to move closer, so I crept the taxi slowly forward toward her, she put her hand up again implying stop. I was a few feet away from her by now. I stopped.
Then her stare moved to ***** who was in the passenger seat. She was still laughing and giggling and chatting to the other two in the back.
The witch moved toward the passenger side of the car, still staring, at *****, ***** wound the window down, the mood in the car was now quite silent.
The witch bent down and said to *****,

"Are you prepered to die ?"  :o

*****, somewhat shocked by the question said, "In a nice way, yes."
This question was asked to the other two who replied with the same statement as *****

I just sat there thinking what the fu** is all this about ?

The witch took a few steps back, lit the 'pipe', she had in her hands, took a drag, and said, "You may exit the vehicle." Turned around and walked off up the lane.

We all got out the car, I removed their luggage, they were passing money between themselves, obviously sharing the fare.
One gave me the fare, plus a £2 tip, asked me my name, and said "Don't worry about us, we'll be Ok."

So I left. On my way back to town, I decided to call at the office to confirm the return journey times. (If there still alive). 200yds away from the office, for whatever reason, I looked at the passenger seat, and there sat a shiny Ebony black pebble.
I stopped the car and rang *****, pre-recorded answer message. (I had a customer contact number). Doh!
So i went to the office, relayed this story and put the pebble on the office desk.

The telephone operator jumped back in her chair, and screamed "Move it, I always get bad luck"  ;D

So, ***** is at ******* ********, for the next 3 days, not answering her phone, prepered to die, and hasn't got her lucky pebble. Oops  ::)

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Re: Me, gobsmacked, read on . . .
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 06:53:46 PM »
True story? Or have you been on the mushrooms again? ;)
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 07:00:28 PM »
True story. Happened today.
That 'witch', unreal. Never experienced anything so strange in my life.
I never expected her to say that  :-X

Shall I PM you the location and the ladies group website details.
I don't want to post it on here till it's finished. (Sunday).
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 07:04:36 PM »
Unstone Grange?

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 07:11:26 PM »
No comment  ;D
Where's the witch bitch come into all this, I'm all for women's rights but  :o

I just don't get that bit. It was actually quite scary. Unbelievable  :-\

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 07:13:46 PM »
 :)

~Aitch~

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 09:32:18 PM »
Did you hang about to see if them dancing naked around the gardens? and why do you think they booked a taxi instead of using their broomsticks?   :)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 06:25:52 AM »
Don't laugh about it, could be party time tonight  :o
http://news.sky.com/home/strange-news/article/16222097

k4blades

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 07:36:11 AM »
If I had to be religious, I think I would be a Pagan, not quite the same as witchcraft but closely linked. Where as "modern" religions worship a made up God, (IMHO), in a male dominated world Pagans worship nature, (well worth worshipping in my book,) and that's Mother Nature, as Paganism worships the female form/motherhood more than being male dominated, again worth worshipping. ;)
And they have less silly rules about eating fish on Friday or whatever, much more liberal in their approach to worship and life.

Not that I have time for any religion really.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • Water please Not wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 10:17:14 AM »
very strange thing to say --- maybe winding you up a bit as well do you think. See if she comes back eh -- what will you do if she doesn't ----  :o  :o
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk