Author Topic: High Street Chesterfield  (Read 1598 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
High Street Chesterfield
« on: February 04, 2016, 03:56:15 PM »
Today was the first time I have been into Chesterfield since before Christmas.

When we got to high Street - top side of the Market Hall it was like a car park with vehicles parked each side, in fact it looked busier than the Rose Hill car park where I had parked.

I think Blue Badge users have maybe always been able to park there - but this was too much -
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

bransoj

• View Profile
Re: High Street Chesterfield
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 10:05:22 AM »
Wasnt there a big thing about this a while back and no one should be parking there not even blue badge users?

Sorry...this has appeared on the Derbyshire Times site yesterday :-
http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/grassroots/part-of-chesterfield-town-centre-could-become-restricted-parking-zone-1-7715297

Appears blue badge users can but as normal with a lot of them they just dump the car anywhere and  be done with it!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 10:08:03 AM by bransoj »

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 01:48:50 PM »
Wasnt there a big thing about this a while back and no one should be parking there not even blue badge users?

Sorry...this has appeared on the Derbyshire Times site yesterday :-
http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/grassroots/part-of-chesterfield-town-centre-could-become-restricted-parking-zone-1-7715297

Appears blue badge users can but as normal with a lot of them they just dump the car anywhere and  be done with it!

Not sure if it's been raised before bransoj and thanks for the link which I hadn't seen.

We parked on Rose Hill in the car park - Blue Badge bay and there were plenty of spaces for Blue Badge users!
Some just don't want to pay and yes you are quite right some also think they have a right to park anywhere -

I can't say if they were Blue Badge users though as I didn't look.
It just looked like a car park on that street!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 05:38:08 PM »
So 1 person objects to the councils plans for the area, at a cost of up to £30,000 to the council to now look into it further.

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 07:18:18 PM »
Well something needs doing. There is a free blue badge area near the Sun Inn - if they made it payable it would also be empty. Many just don't want to pay for parking

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 04:39:32 PM »
So 1 person objects to the councils plans for the area, at a cost of up to £30,000 to the council to now look into it further.

Today it was Choca block - grid locked!
Traffic coming down from the Rose Hill area were stood down that road and couldn't move!
The street near the topside of the Market Hall was full and over flowing.

'Why' when people 'know' how bad it's got do the flipping well still try and get down there -=== saunters off shaking my head ===

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk