Author Topic: Tesco  (Read 5628 times)

therealjr

• View Profile
Tesco
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2015, 10:07:53 PM »
T**** got too big too quickly and diversified into areas they shouldn't have in an attempt to 'rule the world'.
The problem regarding their store is they relied on their demographic models and market trends when deciding that this was the right location to build such a store. The problem is the people of Chesterfield don't conform to national trends, never have and probably never will.
But in their defence (bloody hell JR is defending T****) they aren't the only ones. When their new store opened we were told that the profiles indicated that sainsburys would lose £X in sales to them for the first week or so then it would calm down and we would only be down by £Y.
I turned round and said we would indeed be down by £Y initially but after the novelty wore off we would be £Z up on the deal. Guess who was right? The powers that be surprise surprise had to admit we bucked all national trends. When the boss asked me where my prediction came from I told him 40+ years of experience of the people of Chesterfield including 25+ working for them!
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Tesco
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2015, 10:12:22 PM »
I've also heard that the Tesco Express lease is shortly coming to an end in the precinct - staff are unsure if it's going to be renewed!
From a "staff" reliable source , i.e. what their managers have told them.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 10:16:14 PM by Scimitar »
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 05:46:23 PM »
They all have self service tills but none seem to have followed Tesco's (originally Safeway's) idea of the portable scanners.

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 10:04:30 AM »
We tried it for a while (though not in Chesterfield) but there wasn't the customer take up to justify the cost.
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk