Author Topic: New proposed taxi badge charges.  (Read 1381 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
New proposed taxi badge charges.
« on: August 13, 2015, 09:50:56 PM »
Looks like the new proposal by CBC will see all new and current licence applications be for a new 3 year badge.
http://www.chesterfield.gov.uk/Hackney-Carriage-and-Private-Hire-Policy-409.html

Whooppeee, will only cost me and Our_Lass £400 between us next Feb to carry on working !!
On the plus side, for us. There'll be less drivers around, hence less cabs  (y)
NOT good for someone wishing to get into the trade though.

One thing I did notice from bits on the link above. CBC are still charging 'EVERY' taxi driver £5 to check with the DVLA that there are no discrepancies with the driving licence produced at a badge application/renewal against DVLA records.

This is now a FREE service available to anyone, with the licence holders verbal authorisation !!
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: New proposed taxi badge charges.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 10:58:25 AM »
Are you saying some taxi's may be pulled out because of the fee Fly, all taxi drivers I have spoken to have said there were too many taxi's and it made earning a living wage tough.
i never could understand why so many have been allowed to trade around Chesterfield.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 06:25:42 PM »
There seem to be a lot that come from Sheffield- correct me if I'm wrong - so would this be better for local drivers?
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 06:53:30 PM »
I don't think taxis will be pulled, It just means paying for a yearly fee for a car that might only be on the road for 6 months, it's basically like that now, I think it ought to be a six month fee.
As regards taxi quantity numbers, there is now a limit on the amount of taxi cabs allowed on the street. This limit was brought in way to long after the complaints about the numbers first started. The council were raking in the coins for every cab they put on the street. Their revenue is now fixed to the limit of taxis

Now take a private hire firm for example. Say the boss has 10 people working for him, ten more people approach him with their cars and want to work for him, there's no limit on private hire car numbers. He might charge drivers £50 a week for use of the radio equipment etc. He'll be another £500 a week better off now. His other 10 workers have just had 50% of their work shared with the 10 new drivers. Any wonder they complain !!

The new 3 year badge might make people think twice before trying the trade. Regardless of where they come from.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk