Author Topic: Wingerworth again  (Read 8350 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Wingerworth again
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2015, 10:01:02 AM »
They are also looking at other area's across Derbyshire, will it put more PC's out on the streets though?

Residents across Amber Valley, Bolsover District, Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire are being encouraged to share their thoughts on local policing.

Safer Neighbourhood teams across Chesterfield Division are encouraging people to go online to fill out a Community Survey for their area.

The consultation gives residents the opportunity to raise any issues or concerns that police and partner agencies may be able to address. It also asks respondents to rate local policing in their area on a scale of one to 10.

It is hoped that the completed surveys will help to shape policing across Chesterfield Division by showcasing how Safer Neighbourhood teams are perceived by the public, how they are performing and how they can improve.

Officers will also be able to use feedback to help set policing plans and work towards priorities to tackle issues raised by residents.

PC Neil Hopwell from the Kilburn Safer Neighbourhood Team is one of the driving forces behind the idea for the consultation. He said: “We understand residents across Derbyshire lead busy lives and may not always have the time to attend community panel meeting to meet local officers and have their say. We wanted to offer them a simple alternative in the Community Survey, which ensures their voices are still being heard and does not take long to complete.

“We hope local people will give honest feedback about the service we provide and give us details of how it can be improved. This will allow us to work towards future goals together alongside partner agencies and local residents, to ensure everyone feels happy and safe where they live.” 

Similar surveys have also been piloted in the High Peak and Safer Neighbourhood areas in the Derby Division.

People across Chesterfield Division can find the relevant survey for their area via the links below:

Bolsover District:
http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/My-Local-Police/CDivision/BolsoverSection/Bolsover-Community-Survey.aspx

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2015, 10:02:11 AM »
I don't need to go to any meeting to know what that's about. That said it could be useful to know where these car parks are I bet it gets lively after dark.

Behave niche we don't want you locked up  :-?

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2015, 10:14:36 AM »
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2015, 01:16:10 PM »
Second time at the Smithy Pond since it changed the menu.
Lovely lunch and it is now waitress service, which is a first for the Smithy as far as i can remember.

We keep saying we will try The Wingerworth on Derby Road has anyone tried it yet?

Fuppet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2015, 03:32:38 PM »
We've been to The Wingerworth 3 or 4 times but find it a bit pricey for what it is.  The Three Cottages is similar but has a better, warmer atmosphere.

My favourite place at the moment for food is The Market in town, although you can't beat sitting ouside Smithy Pond (watching the wildlife) on a nice afternoon, having a few beers.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2015, 11:10:22 AM »
I take it you haven't tried the Wingerworth yet fuppet.
When it first re-opened I was told that it was pricey for what was on the plate so it put us off going. Just wondered if anyone  had tried it recently.
Where's The Three Cottages?
We use the Greyhound at Higham as well, but are going to explore other places we haven't tried or been to for awhile.
In town we generally don't bother with the pubs but go to miss poppies in Eyres.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2015, 11:15:16 AM »
We've been to The Wingerworth 3 or 4 times but find it a bit pricey for what it is.

Quote from: OC
I take it you haven't tried the Wingerworth yet fuppet.

And you said I've been on the lager  ;D (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2015, 11:21:07 AM »
Three cottages is what was the New Inn other side of the road to the Telmere Lodge at Winsick. I would highly recommend it but then again I might be a bit biased given that my future son in law is the Manager!!! I'd advise booking rather than just walking in.
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2015, 11:27:20 AM »
And you said I've been on the lager  ;D (y)

I knowww just read my post Fly  ^-^
Had lager, wine and gin and T, flybynight  ^-^ ^-^

Sorry fuppet, just got in from a night in Glossop.
We went to a wedding reception/hog roast.
Had a good night and I'm shattered - and taking myself off to me bed for a couple of hours now  ;)

Great little hotel we stayed at though, Windy Harbour Farm Hotel.

So yes, fuppet, you are saying what others said when the Wingerworth first opened - probably not bother with it then - thanks for the hat tip  :)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2015, 11:28:46 AM »
Three cottages is what was the New Inn other side of the road to the Telmere Lodge at Winsick. I would highly recommend it but then again I might be a bit biased given that my future son in law is the Manager!!! I'd advise booking rather than just walking in.

Ok thanks JR I know the one you mean.
Will drag err take hubby next time we are lunching out  :)

Fuppet

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2015, 12:36:08 PM »
Have phoned the Three Cottages about 4 times on the spur of the moment and it's always full and we couldn't get in.  I think that shows they are doing something right.

Another old favourite was the Nettle at Ashover/Milltown, great for a saturday afternoon lunch.

Last time I went to the Greyhound I ordered chicken with a sauce.  They brought the sauce to the table in a bottle so haven't been back since.

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2015, 12:44:37 PM »

Have phoned the Three Cottages about 4 times on the spur of the moment and it's always full and we couldn't get in.  I think that shows they are doing something right.

Just before they opened one of the family who own it said they wanted it to be the sort of place where you were ringing 6 weeks in advance to get a table for a Friday or Saturday night. I thought she was having herself on but its nor far off now.
They will tell you they are not in competition with the Wingerworth
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2015, 04:53:21 PM »

Another old favourite was the Nettle at Ashover/Milltown, great for a saturday afternoon lunch.

You used to have to book for the nettle at one time, can you just go these days?

Last time I went to the Greyhound I ordered chicken with a sauce.  They brought the sauce to the table in a bottle so haven't been back since.

:))  :)) Oh dear, not impressive was it  :)) obviously not what you expected.

ps I hope it wasn't ketchup!!  :))

Fuppet

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2015, 04:57:08 PM »
Nah OC, was something like Piri Piri.  You may have to book at The Nettle at night, but not during the day.

Just been to The Market, great range of beers and an amazing plaice goujon meal.  There were 4 of them that seemed liked having 4 cod from the chippy!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2015, 05:50:16 PM »
Nah OC, was something like Piri Piri.  You may have to book at The Nettle at night, but not during the day.

Just been to The Market, great range of beers and an amazing plaice goujon meal.  There were 4 of them that seemed liked having 4 cod from the chippy!

Sounds as if you were well stuffed them fuppet  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk