Author Topic: Wingerworth again  (Read 8379 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Wingerworth again
« on: May 22, 2015, 05:09:09 PM »
Here you are niche and fruppet one for you if you have nothing to do. ;)

Residents in Wingerworth are being encouraged to have their say on policing priorities for their community.

The Wingerworth and Rural Safer Neighbourhood Team is hosting a community panel meeting at 7pm on Wednesday, June 3 at the Parish Rooms on New Road.

PCSO Mike Coates will be on hand to meet local people and chat about concerns and issues in the area. He will then use public feedback to set policing priorities to work towards for the following three months.

A current priority for the team is anti-social and inappropriate behaviour in rural car parks. The team have been working to tackle this by increasing patrols at key times in problem hot spots and speaking to those responsible. They have also been working alongside staff at the local Forestry Commission to take a joint approach and share information about the issue.

PCSO Coates is also working to target rural crime and promote the Farm Watch initiative by liaising with the National Farmers Union and the local Ashover Young Farmers group to set up the scheme in the area.

He has been hosting regular meetings to discuss rural crime issues and preventative measures farmers can take, and working alongside rural residents and farmers to ensure they are sharing information with police and each other about local issues.

Speeding and parking issues in the area are also a current issue for the team. Officers have been working to clamp down on this by speaking with parents, carers and staff at primary schools in Wingerworth and discussing traffic issues around the school run times; carrying out patrols at peak times; implementing school road safety campaigns and running Community Speed Watch programmes involving local residents and councillors.

If you cannot attend the meeting but would like to have your say on policing priorities for the area, call the team on 101. You can also submit your suggestions online via: http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/My-Local-Police/CDivision/ClayCrossNorthEastSection/WingerworthandRural/submit-priorities.aspx

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fuppet

• View Profile
Re: Wingerworth again
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 07:29:43 PM »
Thanks for the heads up OC.  I originate from Manchester and have lived here 4 years, so crime and anti social behaviour around Wingerworth makes me smile as it's almost non existent.  I remember reading the minutes of the parish council meetings, to say i was astounded was an understatement.

I'd rather have this way of life with not much excitement compared to my previous life.  I'm sure if niche spent a few years in manc, he'd be ecstatic at the way of life in our spiritual home.  :P

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 07:46:10 PM »
Slacker: PCSO Mike Coates aka ex Park Ranger. Did you work with him or was he after your time?
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 07:56:10 PM »
Thanks for the heads up OC.  I originate from Manchester and have lived here 4 years, so crime and anti social behaviour around Wingerworth makes me smile as it's almost non existent.  I remember reading the minutes of the parish council meetings, to say i was astounded was an understatement.

I'd rather have this way of life with not much excitement compared to my previous life.  I'm sure if niche spent a few years in manc, he'd be ecstatic at the way of life in our spiritual home.  :P

Sorry I mis-spelled  your name  :-[

Wingerworth was generally a quiet area - mind you now nichey's there owt can happen  ::)
I can imagine there is quite a strong contrast between Manchester and Wingerworth Fuppet, pleased you like it there.
Have you by any chance seen the new menu at the Smithy Pond?

Fuppet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 08:23:31 PM »
Not sure you can compare Sheffield with Manchester when it comes to 'Big Bad City's, but 'Hey-Ho'!  sorry to hear you had bad experiences fella.

@ OC, the menu isn't as good in my opinion...the devil dog has gone!!!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 08:26:57 PM »
We haven't been yet but were told it was to change.
It sounded like more variety of burgers and more spicy food.
May call in over the weekend to check it out 

Fuppet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 08:29:06 PM »
For me, the spring and summer is unbeatable at Smithy, I love it, watching all the birds!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 08:34:39 PM »
Quack quack  ;D

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 08:36:06 PM »
For me, the spring and summer is unbeatable at Smithy, I love it, watching all the birds!

There are plenty of birds around the ponds and if you sit outside they get quite cheeky wanting the food.
Do you visit the Barley Mow at all?

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 08:37:18 PM »
Quack quack  ;D

Who's on the Lager then?  :))

Fuppet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 08:39:55 PM »
Is that a Buzzard in the background?

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 08:49:51 PM »
Is that a Buzzard in the background?

:)) Fly thinks it's a duck

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 08:51:23 PM »
I thought it was Geoff's shed ?

Bank holiday weekend and 4 cans of lager, whooppee  ::)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 09:02:36 PM »
I thought it was Geoff's shed ?

Bank holiday weekend and 4 cans of lager, whooppee  ::)

Fort so  ^-^ and here's me with a glass of water  O:-)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2015, 09:20:24 PM »
I wasn't there so wouldn't know niche.
However I was hoping that you or fuppet might make the meeting and come back and tell us what it's all about.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk