Author Topic: Legal highs survey  (Read 2143 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Legal highs survey
« on: May 01, 2015, 03:32:42 PM »
The Legal High National Online Survey is an independent, confidential questionnaire focusing on residents' use and views of novel psychoactive substances (NPS) also known as 'legal highs'.
The survey − which is only open to residents aged 18 or over − aims to gain insights from people about the perceptions and experiences they have had with 'legal high' substances.
It will also help us to identify and better meet the needs of people who have mental and physical health problems because of the use of legal highs.
Just this week Derbyshire police revealed a banned substance − linked to two deaths and three hospitalisations in Europe − is in circulation in the county.
Officers seized a packet of a suspected legal high called Black Mamba in Derby city centre last month which tests showed contained the banned compound MDMB-CHMICA.
Our Strategic Director for Health and Communities David Lowe said:
"The survey will help us get a clearer picture of what is going on around the county.
"We're encouraging people to take part to support our work tackling drug misuse in Derbyshire as well as helping those who have issues with addiction and the health problems that may come with it.
"The results will be extremely valuable and help us to support residents make sensible, informed choices and lead healthier lives.
"Meanwhile, particularly following the seizure of a suspected banned substance in Derby, we're backing police advice urging people not to take legal highs because it's not known what they contain."
Legal highs are substances that mimic the psychoactive effects of illegal drugs like cocaine, ecstasy, cannabis and amphetamines but are not currently illegal to use or possess.
We had a topic on legal highs not so long ago, here's a chance to have your say.

The survey can be completed by anyone over the age of 18 − whether they have had experiences with legal highs or not - and all responses are treated with strict confidentiality.
Anyone that fills out the questionnaire will have the opportunity to be part of a prize draw with the chance to win an iPad mini, a 'Beats by Dre' Music Pill or a pair of 'Beats by Dre' wireless headphones.
The survey was designed and is being run by the Centre for Drug Misuse Research in Glasgow and takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Results from the 2014 nation-wide survey found that of the 1,172 people who participated, 468 had taken a legal high − with 704 people saying they had not.
The survey is open  to UK residents aged 18 and over only and runs until Tuesday 30 June.

See link below.

http://www.mylegalhigh.org/
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Legal highs survey
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 09:33:59 PM »
I agree with everything you say, but it's not good having people in the town centre "high" when tourists are here looking at the Crooked Spire for example.Not good if the first things tourists see are wasters out of their tree in the town centre.
I'm a bit behind on this sort of stuff - "Legal Highs" - so you can drive, operate machinery, & do your everyday job on this stuff?
In other words there is a percentage of drivers out there on this stuff creating havoc for everyone else - our drug & alcohol tests at work don't pick these legal highs up apparently.
But it's "legal".
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 09:38:43 PM »
You are quite right scimitar, we stayed in Vancouver and really enjoyed using the HOHo bus to see the sights - but the one thing that sticks in my mind were the beggers, picking up fag ends etc.
People will remember the louts!!!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 09:56:12 PM »
we stayed in Vancouver and really enjoyed using the HOHo bus to see the sights

Did you see any big B's on your trips LOL  8)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 12:32:04 AM »
Ok another slat on this, went to town Thursday on the way home noticed our friends are back on Beetwell Street. The show was brilliant to the point that Police had to move people out of the way. Their was a guy on the floor so drunk he could not get himself up and was going for gold on the swearing department. This problem has been going on for months doesn't look good for any tourists visiting the town. So wants the difference between a drunk and a druggie? The drunk can buy his 'drug' from any supermarket, the druggie from a unregulated dealer, unless its a legal high. Now from experience in living in the big bad inner city the drunks are more prone to start trouble, the druggies are more likely to be in a rush home to their 'fix' so less likely to be out in the street.
Its a problem on Beetwell St. that needs addressing. People (kids too)waiting for buses, don't wish to see it. I feel uncomfortable sat in my bus there. You don't know whats going to happen.
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 09:49:31 AM »
There is no difference between drunks and drug user they are all a problem.
I really can't understand why they don't just use one of their homes to gather in and kill themselves slowly out of sight of others!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 10:39:25 AM »
I would agree with that niche, the answer is for some to give them the help they need in the early years of their lives, unfortunately not all individuals can cope with going back down memory ( or nightmare ) lane.
Then of course they need someone who will support them in going down this lane.

However being on the streets isn't acceptable is it and they need shifting!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 10:44:45 AM »
Did you see any big B's on your trips LOL  8)

;D No but Vancouver has a Steam Clock standing on the pavement - very unusual  and I remember that as well as the beggers -  :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk