Author Topic: Should the Church keep out of Politics  (Read 1096 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Should the Church keep out of Politics
« on: December 07, 2014, 08:14:07 PM »
As the Archbishop of Canterbury as spoken out about how he finds the fact that people in the UK need food banks more shocking than in Africa, some would say he should keep quiet and stick to Religion.
Isn't it part of our Churches Ministers etc to speak out against what is happening here, or should they all just keep quiet?
I agree with him that in a country like the UK people should not be needing food banks to be able to eat.
The nasty party claim we are doing well and have growth in our economy - but at what cost.
It is claimed that supermarkets throw away food which is actually edible but are not allowed to pass it on.
To be honest I don't even think that people in the UK should be reduced to having supermarket cast offs anyway.  >:(

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Re: Should the Church keep out of Politics
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 08:48:22 PM »
As you probably know I have no time for religion, but if he wants to say his piece then its all OK by me.

As regards Cameron, he'll keep on denying stuff whilst his minions keep introducing it - the big liars in this are the LibDems who are helping him get his repressive policies into law, without them he's screwed.

We will not forgive and forget - the Libdems are becoming both dangerous and irrelevant, two reasons never to vote for them again - and a new generation of voters will never forget the LibDems sell-out over their tuition fees to the nasty party. If they are ever to become a viable party again they need to leave the coalition now.

IMHO of course.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 08:57:15 PM »
TBH, have the Lib Dems ever had any sway in UK politics. Bit like the Greens, UKIP, or Screaming Lord Such ?
Oops, forgot. CBC were Lib Dems once, or Social Dems or something likewise  :-X
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 08:59:30 PM »
>> have the Lib Dems ever had any sway in UK politics.

They have it now - that's the main reason the nasty party are getting away with robbing the poor to pay the rich.

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 06:36:49 AM »
If the church tries to shame the government about poverty then I have no problem with that. However like the monarch and House Of Lords they are unelected and therefore should have no say on policy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 06:46:59 PM »
It seems Baroness Jenkin thinks poor people need food banks because they can't cook!! - So it's their own fault not because they haven't enough money to buy it.
The cheeky mare.  >:(

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 07:28:59 PM »
Tory?

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk