Author Topic: Amazon Planning To Use Drones For Same Day Deliverys  (Read 2962 times)

ironsky2

Amazon Planning To Use Drones For Same Day Deliverys
« on: November 15, 2014, 10:18:03 PM »
The Internet retail gaint Amazon are researching into the idea of using Drones for its same day delivery service and are now carrying out experiments at Cambridgeshire to see if its workable. I'm no expert on Drones but wouldn't Amazon need a Aviation license to fly Drones though British air space? What Iv seen of Drones they look quite flimsy and would only be able to carry light items also would they be able to cope with bad weather its fair to say no one wants Drones or there packages falling from the sky hurting people or even killing them? To be truthful I'm not convinced it's a great idea from a safety point of view.

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Re: Amazon Planning To Use Drones For Same Day Deliverys
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 11:23:08 PM »
TBH I'm not happy about one of those things flying anywhere near me.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Engine Driver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 11:48:38 AM »
No, they use them to bomb people in Sand Land, the're as big as a plane, bigger than some planes.

Anyway...............................................

How would they deliver your parcel? Would you have to try and catch it as they flew past? What if you wer'nt in when it came? :)) :)) :)) :))
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 04:00:00 PM »
No, they use them to bomb people in Sand Land, the're as big as a plane, bigger than some planes.

Anyway...............................................

How would they deliver your parcel? Would you have to try and catch it as they flew past? What if you wer'nt in when it came? :)) :)) :)) :))

Orrr - they could open up all the closed railways and you could stop at each station and hand them out  ::)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Engine Driver

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 08:23:40 PM »
Thats just a daft idea, especially now they've just bought all those drones. :o ::) Trust a woman to come up with something like that! :)) :))
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 08:26:56 PM »
Thats just a daft idea, especially now they've just bought all those drones. :o ::) Trust a woman to come up with something like that! :)) :))

You only say that because you don't want to have to stop at all the stations Thomas -  :P

Engine Driver

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 10:11:10 PM »
No........................No...........it's not that at all, :-[ I was just saying it was a waste of money buying all those drones if then you want me to deliver the ruddy things.  :)) :))

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 10:17:54 PM »
Do we seriously think that Drones will be delivering goods though, it's not viable is it.
Plus I can't see me climbing a tree to get the parachute and goods out which I have ordered.

Just as a by the way E D  did I post a picture on here of the sorting carriage in a Royal Mail Train from years back.
I took it in York railway museum when we went a few weeks ago, and intended posting it ?

Engine Driver

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 10:25:02 PM »
Make it easy on yourself Pam, get the damn tree chopped down then your parcel will land on the floor..................................simples! :)) :)) :))

I didn't see the picture you mentioned about the TPO coach so you must not have POSTED, get it, POSTED it! :)) :)) :)) Perhaps you missed the train! :)) :)) :))

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 10:29:30 PM »
Make it easy on yourself Pam, get the damn tree chopped down then your parcel will land on the floor..................................simples! :)) :)) :))

I didn't see the picture you mentioned about the TPO coach so you must not have POSTED, get it, POSTED it! :)) :)) :)) Perhaps you missed the train! :)) :)) :))

Idiot  ;D
I will get my camera out tomorrow and look at the photo's, I think I just forgot about them TBH.

Engine Driver

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 10:43:23 PM »
If you type this into "You Tube"  48624 Demo TPO Exchange Quorn GCR 31/03/12 you can see the TPO coaches in action, if you're interested of course.  :-\ :-[

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 10:50:15 PM »
Will check that out tomorrow E D  thanks, would love to have a look getting time for some kip now it's been a long week  ;)

Engine Driver

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 10:54:46 PM »
okey dokey, bye for now :)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 10:48:05 AM »
That was travelling E D which chappy was you - and why didn't you wave to us?  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac_w2N2eQlo

Engine Driver

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 01:57:50 PM »
Sadly I was not there, :( but a fella I work with is heavily involved with the steam loco you saw in the clip :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk