Author Topic: Wheres The Best And Worst Place You Lived In?  (Read 5220 times)

ironsky2

Wheres The Best And Worst Place You Lived In?
« on: October 27, 2014, 08:40:37 PM »
Best place Grassmoor  :) good community spirit, worst place Wingerworth miserable gits no jokes allowed.   >:(

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Re: Wheres The Best And Worst Place You Lived In?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 08:49:10 PM »
Best place - any of my 4 Chesterfield addresses.

Worst - Pitsmoor in Sheffield.

Viva Chesterfield!  :)
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 09:03:15 PM »
Best place Grassmoor  :) good community spirit, worst place Wingerworth miserable gits no jokes allowed.   >:(

Barley Mow?
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

ironsky2

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 10:57:16 PM »
Barley Mow?
Ha ha not the most interesting places is it though meals are good.

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 06:55:00 PM »
I lived in Newbold before I got married.  I liked it and our neighbours were lovely.

My only other home is where I live now in Inkersall.  I love where I live, have great neighbours, there's rarely any bother, and we all pull together and look out for each other.  The lady who lives opposite me is a widow in her 80's and if her curtains aren't open at the normal time, someone pops over or makes phone contact with either her or her family.  Oh, and if someone's ill we mow each other's lawns, put the bins out etc.  I know I am lucky to have all this as not everyone does. 

It's not always been this good as the place next door to us went from having a nice family there, to eventually becoming a crack house.  It's a long story which I'll spare you, but it took 6 years to get them out working closely with the council together with the relatives of the guy in the house.  It made Mr Gert quite ill with stress as there were always weird and bizarre comings and goings at all hours of the day and night.  Anyway, that was then, and it's been fine ever since with lovely people now owning the property.

:)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 07:15:18 PM »
Worst place Carr Vale, location basically.
Best place, current, till the parking issues started.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ironsky2

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 10:37:37 PM »
Park Hill Flats at Sheffield was a mixed bag good location but in its last years was fast becoming a no go zone with the council housing problem families there. Lived at Dronfield for about two years was alright in fairness then later moved to Danesmoor which was good easy access to Clay Cross left out of circumstances of the time but would move back in a heartbeat. The reason I say Wingerworth is basically crap is lack of amenities there a very poor bus service no community spirit some locals are alright but most are very rude and stand offish. Unlike the people at Grassmoor who if they could help you out they would even though I left Grassmoor now for a few years many still speak to me. Clay Cross people are cool too :)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 08:34:23 AM »
Coming from that area in New Tupton our first house we bought was a small terraced down by the swimming baths in Clay Cross - it's an ex pit town and yes the people are friendly.

Grassmoor I know well as my fathers parents lived there and also my ex hubby was from there. I still visit my ex hubbies family who live there.

Wingerworth - now then that was always the 'posh' area to live from way back in the 50's as I was growing up. We used to walk to the Barley Mow on a fine night on Sundays and sit outside with a glass of pop and packet of crisps. Mind you i do have some friends who live there and wouldn't they I would put them in the stand offish group ( well can't be if they are my friends  ;) )
The bus service has always been crap as well - I suppose most who live there would have their own cars?

ironsky2

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 02:55:01 PM »
I think anywhere is better to live at than Wingerworth even Shirebrook is better ha ha  >;

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 05:19:04 PM »
I think anywhere is better to live at than Wingerworth even Shirebrook is better ha ha  >;

Now you 'have' to be kidding ironsky  ::)

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 05:47:54 PM »
Barley Mow is a decent pub, good food and thy often have music events on.

Best place near Somersall Park where I grew up.

Worst would be Salford where I was a student, local youths were a bit hostile to students.

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 07:43:05 PM »
I took my now wife on our first date to the Barley Mow some 50 years ago and we are still going strong.I can't remember ever going in there since.
Those were the days  when we knew all the local courting spots to go to in our small black Austin A35.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 07:50:13 PM »
I took my now wife on our first date to the Barley Mow some 50 years ago and we are still going strong.I can't remember ever going in there since.
Those were the days  when we knew all the local courting spots to go to in our small black Austin A35.

Oh yesss was the Bole hill quarry area one of them  ;) 

ironsky2

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 08:55:38 PM »
Now you 'have' to be kidding ironsky  ::)
Nowt wrong with Shirebrook Old Cruser just remember to put your foot down when driving though and don't stop unless you want the local wheel changing service. ^-^

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 08:59:11 PM »
At one time the police used to go round the streets gathering the kids up and taking them home. Not sure if they still do this.
Having said this there are always decent people in every place aren't there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk