Author Topic: Would You Give £250,000 To Someone Who Has A Criminal Record?  (Read 1420 times)

ironsky2

Would You Give £250,000 To Someone Who Has A Criminal Record?
« on: October 19, 2014, 08:03:19 PM »
If you knew someone who had a criminal record would you give them a chance ? Recently on Lord Sugar's  ' Apprentice' a guy from Chesterfield went on the show while the show was aired the 'Sun' newspaper ran a headline about the guys past criminal record. Sugar now gives the winner £250,000 for a investment if he thinks its got a chance the guy in question didn't make it though. If this was your money and your thought a persons idea was worth the risk but found out they had a criminal conviction would you still give them the money to invest?

therealjr

• View Profile
Re: Would You Give £250,000 To Someone Who Has A Criminal Record?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 08:19:52 PM »
My step son has looked into the possibility of entering the programme.
Apparently the process involves filling in a 15 page application form that goes into a lot of detail.
The applicants also have to present a very detailed business plan for whatever it is that they want Lord Sugar to invest in.
so a) the programme would have know about any criminal record and b) i reckon they already know which business plan stacks up and that person will have to make a monumental cock up on the programme not to win
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 08:52:29 PM »
Suppose that's based on the level of conviction.
I think someone who is a convicted paedophile would find it harder to get a place than a one time convicted shoplifter.
Is that just my stigma.
If they have both done their 'time', should it matter.
Ched Evans, Our_Lass is addament he doesn't get his footy job back.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 08:52:51 PM »
For me it depends what the person had done and was it more than once.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

ironsky2

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 09:37:20 PM »
Well the guy in question had two accounts of a assault. For me providing its not serious crime and not repeat offences may give someone a chance but would keep a close watch on them.

ironsky2

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 09:40:08 PM »
My step son has looked into the possibility of entering the programme.
Apparently the process involves filling in a 15 page application form that goes into a lot of detail.
The applicants also have to present a very detailed business plan for whatever it is that they want Lord Sugar to invest in.
so a) the programme would have know about any criminal record and b) i reckon they already know which business plan stacks up and that person will have to make a monumental cock up on the programme not to win
Sounds like they know who's going to make it but need something dramatic to boost the ratings and grab the headlines like this guy has. After all its entertainment.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 08:55:16 AM »
Often people can get hot headed with a situation and although I'm not minimizing assault I do think people in this category should be allowed to move forward with their lives.

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk