Author Topic: Urban Exploring Anyone Else Into It?  (Read 8145 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Urban Exploring Anyone Else Into It?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 06:55:02 PM »
I'm on it now  ;)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ironsky2

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 07:01:28 PM »
The other photos are of Heckington Manor which is the village of Heckington not far from Skegness,Lincolnshire the manor house was built in the early 1900s in neo Georgian style was home to well to do families untill the 1980s when the manor was sold to doctor who specialized in alcohol abuse it was the only residential clinic in Lincolnshire for such treatment he spent half million pounds doing the manor up. The manor was renamed 'Ferndowse Clinic ' it treated over 2000 people including the television star Tom Edwards the clinic was highly successful however that changed in 2003. The NHS withdrew funding for the clinic forcing it to close. The manor was placed up for sale and left to fall into dereliction.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 07:03:45 PM »

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ironsky2

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 07:21:52 PM »
Thanks Fly  (y) Top: Outside Niche main entrance next upstairs ' Toga Lounge', entrance hall paying booth with staircase, DJ box.  Bottom , Outside of Heckington Manor, guest bedroom, main staircase with stain glass window.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 07:22:52 PM »
Iv scanned some photos of a couple of explorers and place them in Chesterfield Online Photo bucket. I'm not sure on how you get photos from the Photo bucket to on here perhaps some one can kindly tell me how to do it at present I have to ask Fly to do it. The photos are of Niche nightclub on Sidney Street, Sheffield which opened in 1992 by Steve Baxendale along with his brother Mick. Niche was the home to Bassline music the club was quite popular in its day. But it had its dark side Mick Baxendale was stabbed to death outside his club in 1998 after some lads caused trouble in the club. The problems came to a head in the early 2000s when the club found itself involved in the bouncer's war with drug dealers which soon caught the attention of the Police who raided the club in November 2005 in a raid that cost the council tax payer £600.000 but nothing was found but the Police put a 'Crack House Order' on Niche which forced its closer.

Click on the photograph you want to post.
It will enlarge
Right hand side of page swipe right to left on IMG - it will register 'copied'
Back on here right click and then paste.

That's how I do it ironsky.

Now to look at your photo's - thanks for sharing them  :)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

ironsky2

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 07:31:06 PM »
Click on the photograph you want to post.
It will enlarge
Right hand side of page swipe right to left on IMG - it will register 'copied'
Back on here right click and then paste.

That's how I do it ironsky.

Now to look at your photo's - thanks for sharing them  :)
Thanks will have a go really need to know how to do it. I'm a member on Derelict Places' you cant post a report without photos it would be pointless otherwise . Glad you like the pics.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 07:55:10 PM »
No need to swipe, just right click. It's copied automatically.
Come back on here and right click ,select 'paste', or left click and press Ctrl V. Same thing.

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 04:43:45 PM »
Well if anyone wants to come along on one of my urban explorations sometime drop me a PM. Iv recently done Heckington Manor, Lincolnshire but most of my explorers are at Sheffield theres not much locally though Oakhurst House is worth a trip but be careful its in a bad way now.

I'd love to join you sometime in the future Ironsky.  I'll be out of commission for a few months as of 13th November due to a foot operation but when I'm recovered I'll happily join you.  Photography is my main hobby and as much as I love snapping my cat, gorgeous flowers and lovely landscapes, my heart is in street photography,  decaying or rusty objects, textures and anything that's distinctly not the norm.  I particularly like scrap cars.  I'm putting a link here to my Tumblr account.  I hope it works!   http://supersonygirl.tumblr.com/post/65630740561/visited-a-scrapyard-today-with-mr-b-who-was-in

ironsky2

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 04:56:23 PM »
I'd love to join you sometime in the future Ironsky.  I'll be out of commission for a few months as of 13th November due to a foot operation but when I'm recovered I'll happily join you.  Photography is my main hobby and as much as I love snapping my cat, gorgeous flowers and lovely landscapes, my heart is in street photography,  decaying or rusty objects, textures and anything that's distinctly not the norm.  I particularly like scrap cars.  I'm putting a link here to my Tumblr account.  I hope it works!   http://supersonygirl.tumblr.com/post/65630740561/visited-a-scrapyard-today-with-mr-b-who-was-in
You will be welcome to join me would start with an easy site most of my Urbex is at Sheffield though. To give you ideas Google Derelict Places don't bother with 28 days later they are quite nasty on there.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 06:22:39 PM »
I have enjoyed looking at your photo's ironsky.
There is however always something sad I think in the photo's.
They portray peoples lives of the past and I can almost see and here them in your pictures - if that makes sense.

Ohhh two of you on to it - can't wait to see your results  :)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

ironsky2

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2014, 07:32:33 PM »
Urban exploring is about recording history that will soon be lost. Niche will be demolished as there is a planning application on it. The reason I picked Niche was in its day it had an impact on club culture at Sheffield as Bassline music was very much a steel city product not even London' club scene had any Bassline music or clubs like Niche like Iv said it had its problems. Steve Baxendale later opened another Niche on Charter Square but again the problems that haunted his Sidney Street club were repeated resulting in a drive by shooting in June 2010 after that Baxendale called it a day. Heckington Manor is a different story of lives ruined by addiction to alcohol while there I saw private letters ( I don't photo things that have names and address plus they are private ) they were heart breaking to read but the clinic helped many get over there problems it seems short sighted to have closed it in fact some of the former patients still live in the area. The Manor itself is a building that could easily find a new use.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 07:37:33 PM by ironsky2 »

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2014, 08:13:51 PM »
You will be welcome to join me would start with an easy site most of my Urbex is at Sheffield though. To give you ideas Google Derelict Places don't bother with 28 days later they are quite nasty on there.

Thanks for that Ironsky.  Sheffield won't present any problem as soon as I can drive again.  I'll also do as you suggest about Googling Derelict Places.  ;D

ironsky2

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 08:29:04 PM »
Just a quick post regarding Niche nightclub there will be a documentary about the rise and fall of Niche made by Drop Documenties a local Sheffield group will be released at the end of the month it features views of the inside of the derelict club they are on Facebook.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk