Author Topic: Is a pub Near You About To Close If So Post On Here  (Read 28012 times)

therealjr

• View Profile
Re: Is a pub Near You About To Close If So Post On Here
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2014, 10:56:28 PM »
Now there's an idea Ironsky!
Chesterfield Post
April 2014

A pub in Chesterfield is to close for 80 hours after they were caught selling alcohol to underage volunteers during a test purchase operation.

The Goldminers at Newbold sold booze to the teenagers for a second time in a three month period.

Derbyshire police and trading standards carried out the checks on Thursday, March 20th, with the help of teenage volunteers, in Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire.

Several premises were visited and a total of three failed, including The Goldminers. £80 fixed penalty notices were issued to staff members at the two other premises who sold the alcohol.

The Goldminers will be closed for 80 hours from 4pm on Thursday, April 24th, until 11.59pm on Sunday, April 27th.

Test purchasing operations are carried out on regular occasions throughout the county and further operations will take place across the area.
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

ironsky2

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2014, 11:01:48 PM »
Interesting reading I suspect if the Goldminers was due for a licensing renewal it would had some problems so Marston's would know it would be easier to off load it.

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2014, 11:07:34 PM »
You'd think so though I understand that the people behind Bar Centro in the town centre which was closed for underage sales and drug issues, have succesfully applied to run at least one other bar in the vicinity.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2014, 11:21:13 PM »
Goldminers closed in September this year. Like Iv said before have spoken to the new manager at Spital pub Marston's is not selling the pub ( not yet anyway) Wellington pub at New Whittington and Moonrakers I will try to find out what's happening to them. All that I ask is please don't put a pub is closing on here based on hear say or rumor its hard for the people in the trade as it is without Internet rumours about there pub closing.  (y) Thanks.
A mate of mine drinks @ the Wellington & he's been told unequivocally that it's going to be a Co-op. Not a rumour!!
Disbelieve me if you want to. :P
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

ironsky2

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2014, 11:26:17 PM »
Bar Centro ( Buck Inn) was closed mainly for drug dealing then on top of that underage drinking a licensee has so many warnings and checks if no improvement happens the licence is revoked for that address. A alcohol licence is tagged to that address not the person ( hence why supermarkets when buying pubs don't have to applie for a new licence its already in place) . So in a way its a loophole you can still have a pub elsewhere even though you have lost an license at another address it happened at Sheffield a lot mostly nightclub owners who had problems at one venue then would open another venue in case one got closed.

ironsky2

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2014, 11:29:51 PM »
A mate of mine drinks @ the Wellington & he's been told unequivocally that it's going to be a Co-op. Not a rumour!!
Disbelieve me if you want to. :P
I don't disbelieve you just want to make sure Iv got the facts right. Any idea when the Wellington is closing so I can get up there with my camera?

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2014, 12:30:41 AM »
I don't disbelieve you just want to make sure Iv got the facts right. Any idea when the Wellington is closing so I can get up there with my camera?
Don't know for sure - he posted the message on the 10th Nov, so could be a while yet.
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

ironsky2

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2014, 09:13:19 AM »
Don't know for sure - he posted the message on the 10th Nov, so could be a while yet.
Thanks Im going up New Whittington way this week will drop in the Wellington. I will keep a close eye on the Spital pub with regards to the
 Moonrakers its only open at night time so a bit awkward for me to do but have already got an outside photo of it.

ironsky2

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2014, 07:17:47 PM »
Been to the Wellington pub today the landlord told me it's possible that the Co-Op might turn it into one of there stores but if it did happen it wouldn't be till July next year. Also dropped into the Travellers pub on Whittington Moor it's up for let no one in while I was there the landlord kindly give me permission to photo the inside. While at New Whittington noticed that the Angel is up for let look closed down anyone know more? With regards to the Moonrakers pub at Newbold will have to leave that one can't get there at night so an idea for someone to photo it.

Templeton

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2014, 01:24:18 PM »
I noticed this morning the Crooked Spire pub on Church Way is now boarded up.  I don't know what the plans are, but it doesn't look like it will be reopening any time soon if they've taken the effort to cover all windows and doors

ironsky2

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2014, 02:04:42 PM »
My Mum told me today was closed on the 16th another victim of the tidal wave of pub closures.

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2014, 02:28:17 PM »
It really begs the question "Where will it all end?"

I suppose we'll all be sat at home drinking cheap supermarket booze...  :(
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2014, 04:49:41 PM »
I noticed this morning the Crooked Spire pub on Church Way is now boarded up.  I don't know what the plans are, but it doesn't look like it will be reopening any time soon if they've taken the effort to cover all windows and doors

Shame about that as you say it's a lot of trouble to board it up if it's short term.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2014, 04:53:02 PM »
Colleague of mine used to DJ there I will ask him if he knows anything

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2014, 04:59:55 PM »
It really begs the question "Where will it all end?"

I suppose we'll all be sat at home drinking cheap supermarket booze...  :(

Or a relaxing mug of Milo before retiring - will do your old mans skin good  ;)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk