Author Topic: Inconsiderate Parking  (Read 1435 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Inconsiderate Parking
« on: September 10, 2014, 06:56:29 PM »
Why do people insist on parking so close to the schools.
I was slowly ( 20 MPH ) moving up the street past the junior school this afternoon, cars were parked either side of the road.
Another car just in front of me maybe going a tad faster but not speeding.

Bash!  :(
I saw a child hit by the car and fall flat on his back - he was coming out from behind a parked car.
That could have been my car hitting the child.
Luckily the child got up and walked to the pavement, he seemed to be ok.

Why can't drivers park in the car park or away from the school entrance  >:(
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Inconsiderate Parking
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 07:06:07 PM »
Cos they are selfish or to idle to walk a hundred yards or so  ::)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

simondjuk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 08:09:04 PM »
are there not zigzag lines there?
Im a bomb technician.  If you see me running, try and keep up

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 08:10:41 PM »
Sorry, forgot to mention, hope the kid is OK  :-[
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 09:19:32 PM »
The child got up and walked across to the other side of the road, so not badly injured. I sat in the car and held up any traffic as there were papers strewn across the road belonging to the child.

There are double yellow lines lower down the street nearer the school and I do know the school have repeatedly asked parents by letter not to park on that road - do they listen or take heed - NO!!

This is the second child to be knocked down in a few months as not so long ago as we went up the street there was a girl sat on the pavement, an ambulance and police car.

It's a bus drivers nightmare when the school is chucking out.

simondjuk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 09:26:33 PM »
Isnt is as much the parents fault too not teaching the kids about walking out from between cars?

Theres no excuse for parking on double yellow lines and in some areas, I feel that even disabled people shouldnt be allowed to park on them.  Places like schools, nurseries etc.

You could always phone 101 and ask the police to attend to remind the drivers not to park there.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 09:32:58 PM »
The police have been involved in the past and the lines are only right outside the school. People park on both sides of the road making it difficult to get up the street at times.
Children forget at times that they should stop and look, they easily get distracted.
Thing is the Village Hall car park is there to park in!

Simon, there are some disabled people who think they can park anywhere. Should have a ticket slapped on them sharpish
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 09:36:13 PM by Old Cruser »

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 09:48:55 PM »
How many people let their kids out of the house to walk to school by themselves nowadays.
I walked to school when I was 4, mum let me !
I remember running back home from Carr Vale Infants at dinner time. I ran through the gitty into the road and a Mini screeched to a stop. It didn't hit me thankfully. I walked into the house and my mum said have you just crossed the road without looking first. I said yes, so mum gave me a good hiding, arm grabbed, me running round in circles, but couldn't get away from mum's other arse slapping hand. I learnt my lesson. Tufty squirell, green cross code, I didn't want another hiding LOL

simondjuk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 06:13:26 AM »
I was always taught how to cross the road properly and safely.  I used to live next to Birley Moor Garden Centre near Mosborough.  That road was and still is 40mph and its in a dip and fairly straight.  Needless to say, quite a few people do more than 40.

Im not sure of the catchment area sizes for schools but at a guess a lot of them could walk rather than taking cars.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 02:02:51 PM »
How many people let their kids out of the house to walk to school by themselves nowadays.
I walked to school when I was 4, mum let me !
I remember running back home from Carr Vale Infants at dinner time. I ran through the gitty into the road and a Mini screeched to a stop. It didn't hit me thankfully. I walked into the house and my mum said have you just crossed the road without looking first. I said yes, so mum gave me a good hiding, arm grabbed, me running round in circles, but couldn't get away from mum's other arse slapping hand. I learnt my lesson. Tufty squirell, green cross code, I didn't want another hiding LOL

Hah - so that's were the name 'Fly' originated from  :))

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk