Author Topic: More parking woes !  (Read 1342 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
More parking woes !
« on: August 18, 2014, 07:54:37 PM »

Had a chat with a Parking Enforcement Officer.
Mentioned we are getting sick of the people across the road parking directly opposite us half on the pavement, the dustbin lorries and community transport buses are struggling to get through and seem to automatically blame us, taxi drivers.
We get home first. We don't double park !
I asked who we could complain to about them being on the pavement.

No one apparently. It's not an offence  :o
Parking on pavements was decriminalised by Jack Straw under Tony Blair in 2000

Well done Labour. So much for the mum's with prams, disabled or blind !!
This thursday night I'll park half on and half off. Then block the other half of the pavement with the wheelie bin.
At least the dustbin lorry will get through.
Sod everybody else. They already think taxi drivers are a***holes, or easy targets !!

Just ranting, I'm fine  8)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: More parking woes !
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 08:32:53 PM »
We get a lot of that round us, it annoys the h3ll out of me too, and for the same reasons as you Fly - thoughtless bar stewards!

I also didn't realise that it was no longer an offence either.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 09:33:21 PM »
It's not unusual for daughter to have to go onto the road because of vehicles parked half on the pavement.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 09:41:56 PM »
I've always said I voted Labour cos I hated the Tory party stance on things.
I also said times many, Labour brought in some bloody silly laws. Smoking bans, mobile phone use in cars.
Answering a short call is not the same as having a chat with your mate.
Police, people, and taxis can still use 2 way radio's. Don't pull me down for that one ?

Looks like they changed more of them than I knew about though. Ridiculous !
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 10:31:04 PM »
I live in a lovely cul-de-sac where all the neighbours get on really well.  We have secret and mostly unvoiced gripes about some however....these are the ones with nice long drives and two cars.  They need to swop the cars round occasionally but somehow its easier to leave one parked in our end of the cul-de-sac which is the turning bit.  The car ends up parked opposite someone's drive who then has to shunt back and forth to ease off their own drive. 

Love the neighbours but hate their habits!   :(

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 10:38:02 PM »
Nice one Gerty  :)

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 06:20:48 AM »
Maybe the whole street having double yellows is the answer. Parking enforcement officers would act then. In your pictured situation how would they know who to blame for double parking? Time to build a drive?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:23:11 AM by Slacker »

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 10:47:38 AM »
I live in a lovely cul-de-sac where all the neighbours get on really well.  We have secret and mostly unvoiced gripes about some however....these are the ones with nice long drives and two cars.  They need to swop the cars round occasionally but somehow its easier to leave one parked in our end of the cul-de-sac which is the turning bit.  The car ends up parked opposite someone's drive who then has to shunt back and forth to ease off their own drive. 

Love the neighbours but hate their habits!   :(

I had the same problem of shunting back and forth to get out Gerty and on some occasions when there were two parked right opposite I ended up going in the opposite direction to where I wanted - used to get really cross at times. Since then the house has changed hands hands and a drive put in.
I had a drive put in at the front of our house when we first moved in.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk