Author Topic: Work to start on new cycle lane 15 August 2014  (Read 2052 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Work to start on new cycle lane 15 August 2014
« on: August 15, 2014, 11:58:42 AM »
Sorry but I am not sure where this is - could someone give me a landmark please?
Getting a bit cheesed off with trying to dodge delays around Chesterfield, always seems to be something somewhere being dug up or changed.

Work to build a new cycle lane in Chesterfield will start on Tuesday 26 August as part of plans to link different parts of the town together for cyclists.

We will create the 720 metre cycle lane alongside the A61 northbound between Infirmary Road and Hazlehurst Lane.

The path is being installed as part of the Chesterfield Cycle network which is a long-term project aimed at linking shopping areas, hospitals, schools, the train and bus station, Market Square and main residential areas in the town.

Work will involve building a new section of pavement which will be shared by pedestrians and cyclists.

The A61 dual carriageway will be reduced to one lane in a northbound direction for around 13 weeks while works takes place and delays are expected.

Councillor Joan Dixon, Derbyshire County Council Cabinet Member for Jobs, Economy and Transport, said:

"Cycling is a greener and cheaper way for people to travel and this cycle lane will make it safer and more convenient for people who choose to leave their car at home.
"We apologise for any traffic delays that may be caused while the work takes place."

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: Work to start on new cycle lane 15 August 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 02:38:11 PM »
Getting a bit cheesed off with trying to dodge delays around Chesterfield, always seems to be something somewhere being dug up or changed.

Me too!  >:(
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 03:00:30 PM »
Looks like its the dual carriageway between Infirmary Rd - I'm guessing the bit where you join the A61 near the train station - and onwards on sheffield by-pass but only as far as roughly a cross section between stonegravels & tapton (on the way to "Tesco roundabout" shall we say).
Thats my interpretation if it helps OC - don't know if anyone has further info?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 03:08:17 PM by Scimitar »
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 05:27:45 PM »
Not seen nothing official, but I expect cyclists will come up from the train station and down to Infirmary Rd, Chesterfield tech, and onto a newly made pathway along side the bypass.

Then exit the new pathway joining the existing pathway at the bottom of Hazlehurst Lane, (the road opposite Sheff Rd bus depot)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 09:46:48 PM »
When out walking I frequently use the cycle path between the Casa and Hazlehurst Lane and hand on heart I can say I have never yet seen anybody riding a cycle on it.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 09:53:48 PM »
You might do once they finish this beauty LOL
Don't forget the other squillion quid one they have planned from the train station to 'The Range' and beyond.  ;D
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 09:52:37 PM »
Not seen nothing official, but I expect cyclists will come up from the train station and down to Infirmary Rd, Chesterfield tech, and onto a newly made pathway along side the bypass.

Then exit the new pathway joining the existing pathway at the bottom of Hazlehurst Lane, (the road opposite Sheff Rd bus depot)

Totally lost me Fly -

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 10:04:43 PM »
You've got my card if you want a taxi :-)
I won't be phoning you if I do :-(

xx

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 10:07:19 PM »
You've got my card if you want a taxi :-)
I won't be phoning you if I do :-(

xx

:P

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 10:15:38 PM »
xx  :) xx

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk