Author Topic: New Boyes store in Chesterfield  (Read 9332 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: New Boyes store in Chesterfield
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 11:31:56 AM »
@ Big Dave - the advert was for a pair of trousers and a pleated skirt, a shirt and a blouse - £4 the lot!

@ Jon - my last tee shirt cost £50...  :o

Pete, you are one of the more fortunate ones to be able to spend that amount on a T shirt, people with children probably couldn't.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 11:38:37 AM »
Called in the new Boyes store today. Spent £17 on stuff. Saved us about £5 if we'd bought the items from elsewhere.

Were they clothes from Boyes and if so what's the quality like Fly.

Also been in PoundWorld, spent £25. Mini Cheddars 1/2 price of Tescos. Mitchum deodorant, 1/3rd the price.
We've literally saved £30 by coming to town today.

Branded products at knock down prices, how does that make Chesterfield look cheap  ;)

Speaking specifically about the quality clothes - how many shops do we have in Chesterfield which actually sell the more expensive clothes. I have some designer evening wear but generally will use BHS or M&S etc for other stuff.
We seem to be inundated with sports shops.

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 03:27:32 PM »
>> Pete, you are one of the more fortunate ones to be able to spend that amount on a T shirt, people with children probably couldn't.

Actually I'm not on a good income,  but I save up to buy quality and it lasts. For instance I bought a Barbour waxed jacket a few years ago. It cost £200 but it could last up to 20 years. They are very well made and have a certain style that does not follow fashion and they are made from the best quality materials. And because they are considered a classic garment, there is no going out of style.

I could've bought something for £50 from Next, but it would look OK for a couple of years, when I would be looking to buy again. You can even get these jackets rewaxed and get another 5/10 years out of them.

BTW OC, I have had kids and have been unemployed a few times - I've pushed the cheap double pushchair in the rain many, many times. I'm not that well educated and do not have a degree or even lots of O Levels.

I just do my best and work hard, often 7 days a week and up to 12 hours a day when I started my own business. Yet I hear folks bleat about being hard up - but they want to work a basic 5 day week and no work in the evenings.

We have no foreign holidays - can't afford them, my car cost £250 and will only last a couple of years. So please don't think I am well off - I'm not.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 04:46:42 PM »
>> Pete, you are one of the more fortunate ones to be able to spend that amount on a T shirt, people with children probably couldn't.

Actually I'm not on a good income,  but I save up to buy quality and it lasts. For instance I bought a Barbour waxed jacket a few years ago. It cost £200 but it could last up to 20 years. They are very well made and have a certain style that does not follow fashion and they are made from the best quality materials. And because they are considered a classic garment, there is no going out of style.

I could've bought something for £50 from Next, but it would look OK for a couple of years, when I would be looking to buy again. You can even get these jackets rewaxed and get another 5/10 years out of them.

BTW OC, I have had kids and have been unemployed a few times - I've pushed the cheap double pushchair in the rain many, many times. I'm not that well educated and do not have a degree or even lots of O Levels.

I just do my best and work hard, often 7 days a week and up to 12 hours a day when I started my own business. Yet I hear folks bleat about being hard up - but they want to work a basic 5 day week and no work in the evenings.

We have no foreign holidays - can't afford them, my car cost £250 and will only last a couple of years. So please don't think I am well off - I'm not.

Shucks and there's me thinking I could borrow a few quid off you  :(

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 06:50:02 PM »
Sorry Pam... ;)
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 07:04:46 PM »
That's ok Pete = I'm sure if you had a spare half a crown you would loan it me -  :'(

Maybe Fly ??????  he's saved lots on his shopping this week  ;)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2014, 07:10:19 PM »
Bad timing OC, Wales on Thursday, the savings are our petrol money  ::)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2014, 07:16:16 PM »
Bad timing OC, Wales on Thursday, the savings are our petrol money  ::)

What happened to 'helping those in need in the UK  ::)

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2014, 07:22:23 PM »
Stagecoach need new drivers continually. Apply stagecoachbus.com.
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 07:29:34 PM »
Ca'moron got voted in by the get rich quick brigade.
He'll be out soon.
Someone else will make a fail at getting things sorted, at least they sort of try.
Then the rich crowd move in again for another quick buck or two and blame the last lot.
Back to step 1, top of post, just another tory name instead. endless circular crap !!

Forgot to mention, we also called in the big Tesco in town Sunday.
We can't spend our book tokens we'd had bought us in there. Strange, cos they actually sell them  ::)

On the way out I noticed a box of reduced items,
Iceberg lettuce 5p
2 x Bunch Spring Onions, 5p each, bargain  :D

Don't tempt me Scimitar, hourly pay  :)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2014, 07:32:43 PM »
Stagecoach need new drivers continually. Apply stagecoachbus.com.

Do they set old grannies on?
On second thoughts what about old granddad's - I'm not into women's lib  ;)
Never burned my bra cos never had one - and now Pete and Fly won't loan me half a crown -- ====

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2014, 07:37:37 PM »
Ca'moron got voted in by the get rich quick brigade.
He'll be out soon.
Someone else will make a fail at getting things sorted, at least they sort of try.
Then the rich crowd move in again for another quick buck or two and blame the last lot.
Back to step 1, top of post, just another tory name instead. endless circular crap !!

Forgot to mention, we also called in the big Tesco in town Sunday.
We can't spend our book tokens we'd had bought us in there. Strange, cos they actually sell them  ::)

On the way out I noticed a box of reduced items,
Iceberg lettuce 5p
2 x Bunch Spring Onions, 5p each, bargain  :D

Don't tempt me Scimitar, hourly pay  :)

You can only drive for stage coach if you can understand my sign language when you come through our village - scimitar will need to maybe train you up.  ::)

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2014, 07:04:22 PM »
No problem OC :)
Seriously though SG need drivers at the moment. I'm not asking on their behalf, because,I'm just a driver.We are being asked to do a lot of overtime as a result.
But if £300 a week(after deductions) is good enough, then its up to you ;) :) ;D
Paid every Friday. £10.01 an hour minimum 39 hours per week guaranteed. I know at least 5 drivers recently left.
Strangely enough no vacancies on the website for drivers though.http://www.stagecoachbus.com/jobsearchresults.aspx?reg=&loc=Chesterfield&oper=&type=&key=&status=
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk