Author Topic: Concerns Aired About Local Medical Group At Public Meeting  (Read 1670 times)

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Concerns Aired About Local Medical Group At Public Meeting
« on: April 12, 2014, 05:07:49 PM »
This really is a disgrace.

"The NHS is a treasured institution - we all pay for it, and we all have a right to expect to be served by it. It is disgusting that anyone should have to go through what they have to be treated."

http://bit.ly/1iEP6G2
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Slacker

• View Profile
Re: Concerns Aired About Local Medical Group At Public Meeting
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 08:08:01 PM »
One of their new surgeries is about 100 yards from our house; had considered changing but I'll stick with Wheatbridge now.
They do tend to stick around, only on my 3rd doc in 57 years

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 08:14:50 PM »
Judging by some of the comments I've heard from passengers about them,
you'd be better of if you were with Jekyll Hide and Crippen  ;)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 09:41:02 AM »
I'm wondering if this is the report which I missed on TV one night last week?
Daughter called me and told me there was something on about a boy and a GP practice in Chesterfield but it had gone off when I switched TV on.

The practice we use has three surgeries in our area and awhile ago they were going to close one down and divert all the patience to our village.
We had questioners about it.
My response was very negative due to access and parking issues.
What they have done is build a new practice in Clay Cross which is much more adequate.

As for appointments - I recently had to take daughter to A&E with an infected toe and was given meds and told to have it rechecked at her own GP following week.
She couldn't get in for two weeks, so took the appointment for that.
Surgery then rang and cancelled that app and put her back another week!

I'm taking her on Monday tea time!

Not good all round by the sounds of it
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 11:00:12 PM »
I was at this meeting and some of the concerns raised were indeed very harrowing.  My heart went out to many of those people who had suffered as a result of the poor process and mis-management of Holywell Medical Group.

I confess I have not had the same problems as those people, but I don't have to go to the GP very often.  Yes, it takes forever to get through on the phone, and yes the flipping appointments are nearly always gone for that day.  These are irritations to me, but to someone else needing urgent help it could be life threatening.  To an elderly person who may lack the wherewithal to explain just how much they need help, the system fails them miserably.

A few years ago I applied by letter to become a member of their patient participation group.  I only got invited to one meeting, and regrettably had to decline due to work commitments.  I never got invited to another, so I asked again last year and duly wrote another letter.  I heard nothing, and that was months ago.  There was a lady at the meeting from that group (group?  There's only HER!) so my husband explained to her about the letters I'd written and thankfully she's taking the matter up.

I'll wait with bated breath  >:(

Big Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 06:44:37 AM »
DT says the Staveley surgery is to be split from the Holywell Medical Group. I don't know the true nature of the problems there other than what I've read in the press but I have nothing but praise for the care and attention we've had at their Holywell House surgery. If it hadn't been for them, my cancer wouldn't have been diagnosed and my heart problem wouldn't have been discovered.
People say it's difficult to get an appointment - when I was in their waiting room the other morning a couple came in, the woman wanting to see a doctor that day. Three appointment times were offered; two at Holywell, one at The Grange. None suited them because 'madam' was having her hair done and they'd also be out shopping. Hubby got quite irritated that the doctors could work around their hairdressing appointment and shopping arrangements. Luckily for them my O/H was with me otherwise I'd might have said something rather rude...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk