Author Topic: Censorship by the DT :)  (Read 3231 times)

Slacker

• View Profile
Censorship by the DT :)
« on: January 29, 2014, 07:10:33 PM »
My comment as published on their facebook summary

Can I have my wages index linked to gas, electric and water prices please?

My actual comment on their Facebook page

Can I have my wages index linked to gas, electric and water prices please? Or even to the percentage rise of the Derbyshire Times (averages about 6.5 % a year)

lol

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Censorship by the DT :)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 07:12:57 PM »
You thought they'd print it  :))
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 08:29:47 PM »
Our gas bill is another big one  >:(
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 12:32:55 AM »
Wouldn't that be nice. Wages that rise in equivalent, or greater to inflation, also taking into consideration the greed of the utilities which seem to be raising prices beyond our reach.
I can't currently make ends meet.Seriously. Everyday items have gone up in price,but there is only so much economising that people can stand.
If it wasn't for the fact that my 2 adult kids still live at home, we'd struggle.
All four of us work-two full time,two part time,one part time due to health issues.
I get paid every Friday, by Sunday I'm broke.
So there we have it - not a pretty picture  :'(
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 06:53:21 AM »
Didn't send it for publication, just a comment on their Facebook page

Stuart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 08:27:37 AM »

Somewhere at the bottom of the page they probably "reserve the right..." and printing copied stuff from Facebookers saves them having to get off their arses and look for stories.

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 12:28:27 PM »
Nice idea but isn't that just a receipe for rampant inflation? Man at gas company wants to increase his wages in line with increased gas price. So british gas pay him an extra 15%. But then BG have to put their prices up to pay for it. So man at gas works needs a pay rise and .................
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 12:29:28 PM »
And sorry scimitar I should read all replies before posting

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 01:55:33 PM »
Scimitar I know what you mean, slightly different circumstances but I have a state pension, hubby won't get his until 2015.The work we did from home stopped when I fell and injured my back ( still do a bit but not as much ) moving and handling wasn't possible.
So we live off my pension and our savings, which are rapidly depleting.
All the bills have increased but wages/pensions haven't gone up that much.

In the DT this week it is reported that their has been a growing number of food thefts from shops.
Little wonder is it.
Even the most honorable and decent people may well resort to this if not eating.
No one should be put into this position!  >:(

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 03:17:36 PM »

In the DT this week it is reported that their has been a growing number of food thefts from shops.
Little wonder is it.
Even the most honorable and decent people may well resort to this if not eating.
No one should be put into this position!  >:(

Going a bit off topic here but, what I fail to understand is why supermarkets continue to throw food away daily, and don't consider donating to food banks. I'm aware that there will be umpteen H&S reasons why they can't, but surely (and stop calling me Shirley!) In the current economic climate some government body could enable shops to waive them?
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 05:00:56 PM »
If the food thrown away can be classed as 'condemned' is there not a chance they can claim on their insurance?
Maybe JR could answer it

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 05:48:17 PM »
If the food thrown away can be classed as 'condemned' is there not a chance they can claim on their insurance?
Maybe JR could answer it

It's food that cannot be sold as it is too close/past its' sell by date, when I worked at M&S the amount of food that was thrown away each day was ludicrous.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 06:47:28 PM »
Obviously I can't answer for our competitors but from our prospective I think you would be amazed actually at how little we throw away. Food getting close to its sell by date is sold at marked down prices. That tends to be mainly the short life stuff like produce meat fish etc etc. dry goods tend to sell out on rotation before their dates run out. The stuff we throw away tends to be on quality issues (and we are hotter on this than the majority of our competitors) or on food safety issues (severely damaged cans or broken seals or where contamination is possible). Each department has a budget target for waste which it has to meet again without compromising on quality or food safety. This is built into our costs so no we dont claim for it unless it's a supplier issue. Why don't we give our waste away to charity? The quick answer is that we try to but it's not that easy. Because there isn't a consistent constant supply it's difficult to find a charity willing to collect/accept it. Finally although we have 'waste' none of it is 'wasted' we have a policy of no food waste to landfill and so all our waste is either turned into animal feeds, fertilizers or used to generate power.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 08:15:59 PM »

It got published. Well, the 'cut' version  ;D
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 06:48:45 AM »
I don't care that they used it, just amused about the bit they cut

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk